Monday 14 May 2012

My whereabouts!

Oh my goodness... I keep thinking "I really need to get back to my blog, it's been weeks since I last posted".  So I just signed in and realised that it hasn't been weeks - it's been MONTHS!  Five of them, to be precise.  That's terrible.  I am a neglectful blogger.  
Gone but not forgotten...


To be fair, there have been reasons why I've vanished from the face of the earth, with the main one being that I've been on a major diet (Weight Watchers, actually) and have been avoiding anything to do with baking, cakes, temptation etc - unfortunately this also has included staying away from a lot of my favourite food blogs for a while.  I've been doing very well, and in fact have lost about two stone (26.5 lbs, for the Americans), and am right now wearing the jeans I wore when we first moved to Wiltshire and that for a long time would not go past my thighs.  I still have a way to go, but I'm getting there.  However it's been occurring to me that perhaps people might actually like to see the nice Weight Watchers food I've been making.  I have some WW cookbooks, but I've also been adapting other recipes and old favourites to lower propoints versions, and I think I'm going to start blogging about some of them.  Now and then I have an occasional blowout, but hey - I'm human.

No more lovely deep fried churros!

In other news, we found out we were being kicked out of our current house by our nightmare landlords - and about two days later had an offer accepted on a house we wanted to buy.  We are hoping to move in at the end of June.  It's a real fixer upper and I'm really looking forward to putting my own stamp on it, assisted by my awesome husband who has always been very good at fixing stuff and finding ways to solve a problem, but he has also been taking classes at B&Q which are very good and very reasonably priced, and hopefully he will be able to do all the tiling, fit wooden floors, new bathroom etc.  

HOWEVER... the kitchen isn't in the best state, and we plan to build a small extension and fit a brand new kitchen, but we won't be able to afford to do it for a while.  So we are going to do a cheapo fix up job on the existing (tiny) kitchen so I can live with it for a year or so, and I've started to collect ideas on Pinterest.  Below is a photo of my kitchen-to-be, isn't it horrible?  If you have any ideas for what I can do with it, please let me know!  We plan to install a new (cheap) floor, new (cheap) tiles, and repaint the cabinets.


Anyway, now I've gotten over the worst of the weightwatching, and have almost finished my exams for now (Spanish and financial services, I am a glutton for punishment aren't I?) I'm hoping to pick up where I left off.  Except perhaps with a bit less butter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...