Monday 21 May 2012

Cake class

I just found these photos on a memory card and thought I'd share them with you, even though they're really rather poor.  


A month or two ago I attended a class at Sugar Celebrations in Swindon, which was a belated Christmas present to myself.  It was an all day class where we learned how to carve a cake, stack it up with dowels and buttercream, decorate it with sugarpaste/fondant as well as some royal icing, and do a bit of modelling.  Lots of techniques in one day.  I was quite pleased with the results; I just wish I had a close up of the little people to show you because I really liked their little faces!  I had to buy a 30cm tin from Lakeland to bake the cake in because I didn't have one big enough, but hopefully I'll get plenty of use from it.


The cake accompanied my husband to work on the Monday morning where it was devoured by his colleagues!



I've done plenty of very simple one-tier cakes, but now I have a better idea of how to stack them, I really fancy doing a wedding cake or multi-layer birthday cake.  Perhaps I should throw a party just to have an excuse to make a big, awesome cake - what do you think?

1 comment:

  1. That is adorable! I would love to find a one day cake class; I've always wanted to learn to decorate.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...