Tuesday 22 February 2011

more muffins and another cookbook


I don't plan to review cookbooks with every single post, but I happened to make some more muffins yesterday and I thought as long as I'm going to tell you about them, I might as well tell you about the book they came from.

So about a year ago, I had a few too many drinks one night, got home, looked at the internet for a while and collapsed into bed. A few days later, a package popped through my door. Apparently, in my inebriated state, I'd gone onto Amazon and ordered a book and had absolutely no recollection of having done so. Oops... as it turned out, it was one of the best purchases I'd made in ages. I'd bought Muffins Fast and Fantastic by Susan Reimer.


I won't post any of her recipes because I want everyone to go out and buy this book - I am absolutely evangelical about it - but you can find some of the recipes on her website. I've probably made 75% of the recipes and you can tell, because it's the dirtiest and most disgusting cookbook I own. The page with the chocolate muffin recipe is so sticky with drips of muffin batter that I actually have to peel the pages apart. I've made the lemon and poppy seed muffins more times than I can remember to feed workmates and friends and they have always been devoured eagerly.


The ones I made yesterday were carrot, bran and walnut. In order to fool myself into thinking they're healthy, I made them absolutely tiny by baking them in a mini muffin tin from Lakeland, and got about thirty instead of twelve.

Currently the book is £4.57 on Amazon. That's practically free. I really must insist you buy a copy and bake your way through it.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the comment! I do the same thing with cookbooks - they're coming out my closet, but so nice to have. I love the cover of this liitle gem MUFFINS! And bran too... love that. They look wonderfully "healthy" and delicous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What sweet little muffins - too cute to be healthy. I've had those Amazon blackouts before too - "Did I really order this?" - usually involving cookbooks, too. In fact, I think I have an Amazon impulse buy on the way right now. I don't know if you have the Prime shipping program in the UK but it makes it dangerously easy and quick to bring things to your door!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This cookbook was one of my very first purchases and I have nearly baked every muffin in it ... well it feels like that anyway lol. A great little book that never fails ;0)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...