Wednesday 23 March 2011

Sometimes a cupcake is the only answer

For the last two weeks, I have been ill (hence the lack of blog posts). Stinking cold/cough/bad throat/painful chest. I have been going to work, coming home, having something to eat and going to bed at 8pm, too exhausted to do anything else. Yesterday I got sent home from work, having such a banging headache that I could barely see (and it was not a fun drive home, I can tell you).


Anyway I slept off the headache and woke up feeling a bit better but very fed up. I want this bloody cold and cough and permanent state of being stuffed up to go away and leave me alone.

The only thing that was going to cheer me up was a big vanilla cupcake, and since I live in the middle of nowhere the only way I was getting a cupcake was if I made it myself. Luckily cupcakes take very little time or effort to make. An hour after deciding I wanted a cupcake, I had already polished one off and was thinking about having a second.


I used the vanilla cupcake recipe from the first Hummingbird Bakery cookbook - one of my all time favourite cookbooks. The frosting is the vanilla buttercream from the same book - obviously it had to be dyed pink and sprinkled with chocolate bits. And do you like my animal print cases? They're from Morrisons, I thought they were fabulous! You'll see from the photos that I didn't do a very good job of making the frosting look pretty... I was in too much of a hurry to eat them to spend much time fiddling with a spatula.



I still feel really yucky this morning but I'm definitely on the mend. I like to think the medicinal cupcakes helped.

5 comments:

  1. glad to hear you're better now and wow, what pretty pink cupcakes... surely they're more than enough to cheer you up!

    Tanks for your kind comments on my blog... hope you come back for more visits soon.

    Dom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww get well soon! The weather's been making people sick on this side of the world too. The cupcakes loom adorable and the cases are fabulous. You are so right- a cupcake is the best cure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you're feeling better. Cupcakes definitely help. I love these vanilla cupcakes :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look lovely!
    Morrisons has got some great baking stuff hasn't it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved reading this tthank you

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...